Brow Laminationsecret runway brows
Brow Lamination Wolverhampton
Eyebrows have always been the highlight of a face. They are ultimately the most expressive feature that allows us to drastically improve and enhance our features. Both men and women now know the benefits of a complimentary and professionally groomed eyebrow.
WHAT IS BROW LAMINATION?
Between microblading, permanent make up, tweezing, waxing, threading and tinting there is now it seems a million and one ways in which we can
enhance & groom our eyebrows.
Brow lamination has been about some years but now it seems has become more popular with the want for fuller looking brows.
The treatment has been designed for taming tough and unruly hairs whilst also allowing you to style them in a way which you desire and setting them in place. The procedure also works well for those with sparse brow hairs that grow more so to the side instead of up, by straightening these hairs you suddenly have much more volume within your brow shape as you can can comb the brow hair and stretch them in a different direction making them appear thicker & fuller.
The chemical process used during the treatment straightens and flattens the brow hair and sets them in a way so that every single hair lies in the same direction, giving a just combed effect.
HOW DOES BROW LAMINATION WORK?
Brow lamination is a chemically straightening brow treatment procedure. Brow lamination pretty much works in an identical way to a lash lift, the process essentially involves straightening the brow hair using a chemical solution so that they all stand in the desired direction up to 12 weeks.
This new shape of the eyebrows takes up to 48 hours to lock into place and cure after initial treatment, which is why it is very important to follow the correct aftercare post treatment.
Once the brows gets wet or hot, they will fall back into their natural state and the lift will drop.
Important Information about brow Lamination
First 48 hours
Aftercare Instructions Microblading & Permanent Makeup removal
- Any redness surrounding the treated area subsides within an hour or two.
- Redness within the treated area becomes brown as the skin dries out.
- The treated area must be allowed to fully dry out over the next 48 hours.
- For most people the area is touch dry within the first few hours.
- Only touch with very clean hands, ideally no touching for 48 hours.
- If the skin is not allowed to dry out quickly you will not get the best results.
- Do not use any other aftercare products during this initial drying out phase.
- Do not the area wet or sweaty for 48 hours.
- For lip liner treatments, during this phase keep movements small and to a minimum.
Reactions can occur during ANY beauty treatment, hence the purpose of performing the patch test, plus it helps myself as technicians to gauge if a client experiences sensitivity to the products we will be applying to the skin.
A positive reaction to a patch test might be a warming sensation, tingling, heated skin, redness, irritation, swelling, blistering or burning.
Reactions may not be present immediately and therefore we are required to perform a patch test 48hrs prior to the treatment.
If during the Secret Runway Brow application, you experience any sensations that are uncomfortable, immediately let your technician know so that products may be removed.
If, after the application, a reaction begins to present; you should apply cold compress to the area. All reactions should be handled and managed by a medical professional but ensure you make your technician aware so that they may record the details of your reactions and update your records accordingly
NO TREATMENT WILL BE CARRIED OUT WITHOUT A PATCH TEST
The Secret Runway Brow treatment cannot be performed on clients who:
- Have a positive reaction to a patch test for any of the steps for brow lamination
- Inflammation of the eyelid or around the brow/eye area
- Chemotherapy (current cancer treatments)
- Skin disease, skin trauma, cuts, abrasions, burns, or swelling to immediate area
- Skin disorders in the general eye brow area such as dermatitis
- Eye infections such as conjunctivitis
- Recent operations around the eye area, head, face or immediate areas
- Hypersensitive skin/eyes
- Recent tattoo, microblading (minimum 2 weeks healed)
- Botox and dermal fillers (minimum 2 weeks)
- Taking any skin thinning medications such as Roaccutane or Restylane (6 months off medication)
- Dermaplanig & peels (minimum 1-2 weeks)
The following list of contraindications will require a GP referral before treatment can be carried out
- Post chemotherapy
- Previous brow or skin conditions
- Any other medical conditions you are aware of which could be a contraindication
Potential concerns for longevity of the result:
- Very dry skin
- Very oily skin
- Not performing aftercare
- Skin treatments such as microdermabrasion, chemical peels or use of cosmetics that contain ingredients that exfoliate the skin
For the first 48 hours, you should treat your brows with care and avoid steam baths, too much steam in shower or steam rooms and saunas. After this time period you can treat your brows as normal.
You will need to brush your brows into position each morning and the best part about this is they will stay put this way for the rest of the day.
I would advise applying a little castor oil each evening before bed very lightly to condition your brows and avoid them drying out – lightly brush through.
When in the shower a small amount of hair conditioner applied to your brows will also help to condition the hair and keep them fluffy.
- DO NOT WET your brows for at least 48 hours
- DO NOT use strong make up removers on the brows during of the lift, also avoid any oil based products on the brow area
- Brush your brows into place each morning using a brow spoolie, either brush up or to side
- Avoid heat treatments/facials that involve steam and water for 48 hours
- Avoid sunbathing or sun exposure fro 24 hours
- Avoid swimming/saunas/steam rooms for at least 48 hours
- If any irritation occurs, apply clean cold wet pad to the eyebrow area and contact a doctor immediately
TO BOOK IN YOUR BROW LAMINATION SERVICE PLEASE GET IN TOUCH TO HAVE YOUR TEST PATCH DONE MINIMUM 48HRS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
Kelly Louise Aesthetics
First Floor, 1 Lowlands Avenue
Wolverhampton WV6 9PA